ChrisMendlasCorner.com A Cornucopia of stuff
Certain cleaning supplies have been hard to get. I was in a big box discount club store and came across a three pack of disinfectant spray for $15.99. I was shocked when I looked at the ingredients.
I had a mini blind on a door with a broken slat. I didn’t want to run out to get a replacement and didn’t feel like ordering one so I repaired it.
Last Updated on 3 months by Christopher G Mendla
My Craftsman tractor was blowing smoke from a blown head gasket. I opted to replace it myself.
Last Updated on 4 months by Christopher G Mendla
Does it make sense to clean rusty screwdriver bits?
Last Updated on 5 months by Christopher G Mendla
I am in the process of some serious cleanup of two Rhododendron beds at the end of my driveway. I needed a small wall between one of the beds and my neighbor’s property. The solution was to re-purpose some cinder blocks, 4×4’s and pavers that I had.
I was faced with a well worn asphalt driveway. It had not been sealed in a number of years. Was it worth trying to crack fill and seal?
Once you decide to go ahead with the resealing project, it’s time to gather materials and tools. This includes a pressure washer and cleaners, an intial supply of filler and sealer and more.
Last Updated on 11 months by Christopher G Mendla
This is an easy, inexpensive hack to get some extra humidity into a room. It’s not elegant but it works well as a humidifier.
Last Updated on 12 months by Christopher G Mendla
Once again I got lucky with a Giant Yellow Tag sale. Most stores will discount meats that are approaching their ‘sell by’ date. I ended up with 7 nice thin pork chops for less than six dollars.
Access to a cheap fire starter is a good thing. I usually have 1 or 2 strips of bacon with breakfast. I’ve been doing the bacon in the microwave. I put a paper towel in a microwave bowl, then the bacon and cover with a paper towel. Afterwards the towels make great fire starters. However, you have to be careful with how you store the grease soaked paper towels because of the danger of spontaneous combustion.