My mattress protector ate itself in the dryer.
I certainly didn’t see this one coming….
It was time for the bi-annual washing of my mattress protector (only kidding). It is for a full sized bed and covers the whole mattress. A zipper seals it up entirely.
I didn’t bother to read the washing instructions as per my SOP. I figured cold wash, dry on low temp would work.
When I went to pull it out of the dryer, I found that it had somehow swallowed itself. The entire sheet and gone into the zipper end. It reminded me of a klein bottle of sorts.
I didn’t want to pull too hard as I didn’t want to tear the waterproof portion. I found that by tugging gently and then holding it by the end opposite the hole and shaking I could get it to regurgitate itself. After about 10 minutes, I had my sheet back.
I’m not sure if the tag said to zip it up or not but it probably should be obvious to do so.
MEMO TO SELF – Zip up next time.
- Clifford Stoll vs the KGB hacker – A nova documentary about one of the first people to uncover a hacker
- Wine Bottles and Corkscrews – True Story
- Fixing a broken dolly
- A possible quick fix for a surging or stalling small engine
- Hack your lawn tractor so you can actually see after dark.
- Snakes on the Washing Machine
- Sealing a worn asphalt driveway – Part 5 – Sealing
- Cleaning the Carburetor on a 2003 Craftsman Roto Tiller.