An easier way to load mulch – Quick tip
I am in the process of spreading 4 scoops of mulch in various gardens. Shoveling it into the dump trailer was doable, but tedious. I found a better way.
I tried a flat shovel and a spade. The mulch had been sitting under a tarp for a couple of weeks and it wasn’t that easy to get a good shovel full.
Instead of shoveling it in where you have to lift and place each shovel full, I simply backed up, dropped the dump trailer and raked it in. Even with the rake it was a little tough but a lot easier than shoveling. I found that a hand cultivator worked great for breaking up the mulch making it easier to rake in.
It only makes things a little easier, but when you are spreading a lot of mulch, every bit helps.
- Building a Harbor Freight trailer in Pennsylvania
- Sealing a worn asphalt driveway – Part 2 – Materials and Tools
- Isambard Kingdom Brunel – An Amazing Engineer.
- Pool Pump Shlock Fix
- Remember mood rings?
- A quick fix for a sticking Fluidmaster toilet valve.
- Replacing a head gasket on a Craftsman LT-1000 with a Briggs and Stratton Engine
- Scavenging firewood from oversized fallen trees and logs.